Some of the frugal happenings at Casa Aloha this past week:
- I earned 779 bonus points in April from Swagbucks, enough for another $5.00 worth of Amazon credit and then some.
- I keep a stainless steel soap pad in a Ziplock bag in the freezer in between uses to keep it from rusting. Also, cutting the pads in half before I use them not only makes them last longer, but it helps sharpen our scissors as well. A regular size box of soap pads lasts us for nearly three years!
- We had been putting our monthly cable/internet payment on our rewards card (and then paying it off each month), but we switched to paying with cash this month, rounding up to the nearest $5.00 and putting the difference in our change/$1 bill jar. The reward card gave us around 9¢ per month for a reward; by using cash we’ll be putting away over $4.
- The roasted chicken we bought last week from Costco for $4.99 was used in four evening main dishes (Chinese three-color salad, pad thai, curry and egg foo yung), two chicken salad lunches, chicken fried rice for YaYu’s lunch, and as an addition to some soup.
- We had no food waste, made sun tea, and filled our Brita pitcher over and over and over.
What frugal wins did you have?