It’s been another week filled with good, frugal choices:
- We went to Big Save this past week to buy yogurt, a dozen eggs and hamburger rolls, and that’s all we bought.
- YaYu’s track meet went until after 9:00 p.m. yesterday evening. Brett took water, coffee, fruit and other snacks from home so that they weren’t tempted to spend anything at the meet. They ate leftovers when they got home.
- Brett and I wanted to have lunch at Japanese Grandmother’s Kitchen in Hanapepe while we were there last Friday afternoon, but we checked their prices before we left home and decided instead to have lunch across the street at the more affordable Little Fish Coffee. Brett had a delicious bagel sandwich and I had a wonderful smoothie. Our lunch total was low enough that even after buying two pastries at the Midnight Bear Bakery down the street we still spent less than what we had budgeted.
- YaYu raised an additional $90 through fundraising, so her round-trip flight over to Honolulu in April cost less than half of the regular price: $69 versus $159.
- Although I love my stylist, the price of a hair cut at the salon increased enough this year that I’ve decided to grow out my short, curly hair to chin length which will mean fewer cuts.
What frugal wins did you have this week?