Some frugal things we did this week:
- I used up the leftover cranberry sauce from our pre-Christmas turkey dinner to make a cranberry sauce & apple crisp.
- We did all the laundry on one day to save water, and hung around half of it outside to dry (that’s all the drying space we had).
- I used our Amazon Prime membership to sign up for six free months of the Washington Post online. When the six months is finished a subscription will be just $3.99/month, $11 less per month than a regular subscription.
- I played around with Swagbucks while I watched TV this past week and earned $10 more in Amazon credit.
- Rather than Meiling buying an expensive textbook for $92.25, she asked if we would rent it for her as one of her birthday gifts. Total cost for a one-year rental: $16.25. The rental period will cover all three terms she needs the text.
What were your frugal wins this week?