This week will be the final push to getting the garage freezer emptied and ready to be defrosted. We’re down to just a few items so the job will get done later this week. Yeah!!
It has been sort of fun though these past couple of weeks having to use what’s on hand to create tasty meals. Next week however is when I’m really going to have to get creative because the freezer, pantry and refrigerator will be mostly empty. Hopefully I’ll be able to rustle up more for the family than tuna out of a can. We try hard to stay out of the stores though between shopping trips, and other than a quick stop into Safeway for milk and a couple of other items, the only food shopping we’ve done this month has been the farmers’ market for produce. The July Costco shop-a-thon later this month is going to be BIG.
Here’s what we’re having this week:
- Tuesday (this evening): Tofu & broccoli stir-fry in spicy peanut sauce; steamed rice
- Wednesday: Grilled lemon chicken; quinoa salad (‘chickenless’ nuggets for me)
- Thursday: Spanakopita; tabouli salad; hummus; pita bread
- Friday: Killer Noodle Salad with grilled shrimp kebabs
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Five-spice pulled pork sandwiches with sweet & sour coleslaw (vegetable lo mein for me)
- Monday: Japanese-style curry with tofu, potatoes, carrots and onions
The past week’s menu came off flawlessly, so fingers are crossed for another good week!