I almost can’t believe that only one day on last week’s menu ended up getting skipped (besides the ones we already knew about). It was a crazy week of errands and meetings, but I ended up having to push the spaghetti with marinara and meatballs into this week when WenYu had to attend an all-day service project in Hanapepe on Saturday, and Brett accompanied her for the day (YaYu and I ate leftovers).
This coming week thankfully appears to be bit more calm. Thanks to last week’s big Costco shop, the pantry, freezer and refrigerator are well-stocked. We also found a nice piece of London broil in the marked-down section at Safeway, enough for two meals, so will be using some in a stir-fry, and some in Spicy Steak Pizzaiola next week.
Must-buys at the farmers’ market this week will be salad greens, fresh mung bean sprouts, cucumbers, and more broccoli (if we can find it).
Appearing on this week’s menu:
- Tuesday (today): Classic marinara with meatballs; bread, salad (meatless meatballs for me)
- Wednesday: Shrimp pad thai
- Thursday: Grilled hot dogs; macaroni salad; traditional cole slaw (vegan hot dog for me)
- Friday: Vegetable spring rolls; chicken potstickers; steamed rice
- Saturday: Grilled teriyaki chicken; zaru soba; cucumber salad (chilled tofu for me)
- Sunday: Turkey divan casserole (not sure yet what I’ll have, but probably soup)
- Monday: Beef & broccoli stir fry; steamed rice (tofu & broccoli stir fry for me)
Fingers crossed that this week goes easier than last week!