Can I just say how nice it is to look back at a week and realize how many good things happened? Plans and otherwise around here do not always go well or the way I hoped they would, but I’ve found that when I take the time to reflect on the past week I usually find that way more went right than went wrong. And, that feels good!
- Instead of waking me at 6:15 on Wednesday morning, Brett let me sleep in, and then around noon we took a lovely hike on the eastside beach path. As we paused at the turnaround point to enjoy the view, the breeze and the sea spray, we were rewarded with the sight of a large pod of humpback whales swimming by. To say it was anything less than amazing would be an understatement.
- WenYu was awarded free round-trip airfare to attend one of the two Colorado College admitted student open houses in the spring! And, although I’ll have to buy my own ticket, she wants me to go with her! The college has a full set of activities arranged for parents while visiting students are doing their thing, and she’s just not up to making the long trip to a strange place all on her own.
- I had a fun 20-minute video chat with my grandson on Wednesday evening (9:45 pm here, 4:45 pm there the next day).
- We put $35.60 in the change/$1 bill over the last three weeks.
- I got everything straightened out with Social Security and will be receiving a letter next week or so with updated benefit information for the girls. I’ll find out then if their benefits will stay the same or be increased.
- I have either walked or ridden the exercise bicycle twice every day this past week, getting around 40 minutes of exercise in each day. Brett’s and my walk on Wednesday was approximately a mile each way.
- I competed my three-day juice fast, and am enjoying my vegan diet so far.
How did your week go? What good things happened for you?