It has been a very difficult week. Not only did I not feel particularly well for a couple of days, but we also received some unfortunate information that we have had to digest.
I gave myself a couple of days to feel down, but I prefer to look forward and think about the positive things that are going on. So, here are some of the good things that happened this past week:
- The weather has been cooler and nicer. The trade winds are back and we haven’t had to turn on the ceiling fan in our bedroom for over a week now, or any fans other than the ceiling fan in the living room, and even that’s been too cool a couple of times.
- It’s been great fun having the girls home this week.
- I got a hair cut. I tried out a new stylist last time and am very happy with her. She does a terrific job with my short cut, and she’s local, born and raised on Kaua’i, so I enjoy “talking story” with her. She gives me so many good tips about places to try, as well as insight into what life is like for many locals here.
- We put $39.12 in the change/$1 bill jar this week. Brett brought back a LOT of $1 bills and change from his trip.
- The ant infestation is decreasing. We got some good information from locals about what to use (Terro) and it is working! We would have preferred to use a more natural product, but locals say this will kill them down in the nest and stop them completely. (The other night I found them swarming over my cup of black coffee. Black coffee!! I knew then it was time to bring out the big guns.)
- We spent less than $100 on our mid-month Costco visit, a nearly impossible accomplishment.
- We got through another week without having to throw away any food.
- I got our Christmas shopping started, all at no cost to us thanks to Swagbucks!
Good news or bad, I hope for all of you that your week has leaned toward the positive, and that good things happened for you.