It’s been a pretty low-key week here at Casa Aloha. There were a couple of things that did not go right or well, but thinking of all the good things that happened helps to make the not-so-good fade into the distance:
- My son and daughter-in-law sent me a much-desired copy of A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar. It’s not available for sale in the U.S. so they ordered it for me through Amazon.jp.
- This week’s farmers’ market was a veritable “festival of tropical fruit” – so much to choose from, and terrific prices too. We were able to snag a big, ripe, juicy pineapple for just $5!
- One of our favorite vendors also had fresh edamame. Oh my. The frozen stuff doesn’t even come close.
- We found a pair of 800-thread count white pillowcases at Ross for just $5.99 and got a 10% discount because it turned out to be “senior day.” I loved it when the cashier asked if I was 60 years old yet.
- Naan bread + leftover odds and ends = easy and delicious pizza!
- Temperatures on Wednesday were cool enough for baking so I made some pumpkin bars.
- We put $14.05 into the change/$1 bill jar.
- The girls were able to sell one of the new, unneeded school t-shirts! (Just five remaining now to return for credit).
- WenYu and I were able to see some meteors on Wednesday night.
How is your Feel Good Friday going? What good things happened for you this week?