The humidity here this past week has been, to put it mildly, miserable, definitely not what I needed on top of not feeling well for a few days. But, looking back at the week, I can see it’s been a pretty nice after all, with several things to feel good about:
- Pineapples continue to be cheap and plentiful at the farmer’s market. It seems there are more available every week. Every one we’ve bought has been exceptionally sweet and juicy (and low-acid too). Have I told you about how much I love fresh pineapple?
- WenYu got her AP scores back this week, earning only a 2 on her writing exam, but a 5, the highest score possible, on her calculus exam! She was sick on the day of the writing exam, and doesn’t write well when she’s being timed, so while the low score was disappointing, it was understandable.
- Meiling’s Kickstarter project finally went live this past week and was fully funded in less than 48 hours! Backers and money are still rolling in too. She did all the art work for the project and will get a substantial percentage of the final amount earned.
- $3.82 went into the change jar.
- We didn’t buy anything on Amazon Prime day. We weren’t even tempted.
- Brett and I have settled on our top three fall travel destinations! More research is needed, but we know where we want to go – just not in which order yet. (We’ll let you know when things are firmed up a bit more).
- We were thankfully able to get one more round of juicy and sweet fresh peaches and nectarines from Costco, although this looks to be it. We have really enjoyed being able to buy them so affordably for the short time they’re available here. I’ve had fresh peach slices on my bowl of cereal every morning – divine!
What went right for you this week? What happened for you that made your week a good one?